Thursday 19 April 2012

Infamous











“You know what always amazed me? That none of the beautiful women I’ve photographed ever thought they were beautiful. Ava didn’t. Marilyn didn’t. Michelle Pfeiffer doesn’t. Such a waste.”

Terry O'Neill's photography ranks among some of the greatest portraiture of its kind - from supermodels to superstars, from the "Rat Pack" to Bowie, including often candid shots of icons such as Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Ava Gardner, Elizabeth Taylor, Brigitte Bardot, Raquel Welch and his own ex-wife Faye Dunaway.

His work seems to be extremely popular at the moment - last month there was an exhibition of Mr O'Neill's photos "reworked" by other artists, and now a new retrospective of his greatest photography is opening in the heart of London.

Terry O'Neill: Infamous is at the Alon Zakaim Fine Art gallery in Dover Street, Mayfair, London from 1st May to 8th June 2012.

5 comments:

  1. Llove his work and these shots! But my favorite is Faye Dunaway-love her! And I be meaning to tell ya, I adore your head-er!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone loved Miss Dunaway, when she had her real face...

      I love a good head-er, too! Fnaar fnaar. But seriously - thanks, hun! Took me ages to do that. Jx

      Delete
    2. I look at those shoes of Faye's and know that I can forgive her anything, even what's she's done to her face over these last few, sad years.

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]