Wednesday 23 May 2012

"I`ve never chased fame"



















"I`ve never chased fame. I came into this business to be a theatre actress. I was nine when I first appeared on stage. But I can`t say I would turn my back on fortune. I`m someone who enjoys the benefits of money. I created a lifestyle for myself. Nobody else did it for me. Everything I have I`ve bought with my own money."

"Age, in my opinion, has no bearing at all, that is unless, of course, one happens to be a bottle of wine."

"I think it has something to do with being British. We don't take ourselves as seriously as some other countries do. I think a lot of people take themselves far too seriously; I find that a very tedious attitude."

"I was thinking, who of the English actresses in the last 30 or 40 years have achieved as much as I have?"


Joan Henrietta Collins, OBE (born 23rd May 1933)

4 comments:

  1. What a divine collection of portraits of the most fabulous bitch of all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're standing in line with Elizabeth Taylor, Judy Dench, Helen Mirren et. alia, asking who has "achieved as much as I have?" is pretty strong medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan's never been known for her modesty... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]