Thursday 20 December 2012

What are you saving yourself for?









Now Is All There Is: Bodies in Motion, an exhibition of 34 stylised images of Royal Ballet dancers taken by photographer Rick Guest.

The exhibition takes its name from a quote by choreographer George Balanchine calling for his dancers to be "in the moment", to never hold back and to give everything: "What are you waiting for? What are you saving yourself for? Now is all there is!"

Now Is All There Is: Bodies in Motion is on display from 25th – 27th January 2013 The Gallery at The Hospital Club in Covent Garden.

2 comments:

  1. How appropriate for the END OF THE WORLD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'd like to be in the company of fit ballet boys when the moment comes... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]