Thursday 22 August 2013

I'm never going to be famous



"Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea,
And love is a thing that can never go wrong,
And I am Marie of Rumania."

"I'm never going to accomplish anything; that's perfectly clear to me. I'm never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don't do anything. Not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more."

"If I didn't care for fun and such,
I'd probably amount to much.
But I shall stay the way I am,
Because I do not give a damn."




"Too fucking busy, and vice versa."

"Razors pain you,
Rivers are damp,
Acids stain you,
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful,
Nooses give,
Gas smells awful.
You might as well live."


Dorothy Parker (22nd August 1893 – 7th June 1967)

2 comments:

  1. "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think"

    I LOVE Dorothy Parker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her words are a constant source of inspiration! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]