Wednesday 8 January 2014

I don't think I'm camper than any other person











"I'm always amazed that people take what I say seriously. I don't even take what I am seriously."

"I'm in awe of the universe, but I don't necessarily believe there's an intelligence or agent behind it. I do have a passion for the visual in religious rituals, though, even though they may be completely empty and bereft of substance. The incense is powerful and provocative, whether Buddhist or Catholic."

"When I'm stuck for a closing to a lyric, I will drag out my last resort: overwhelming illogic."

"As an artist of artifice, I do believe I have more integrity than any one of my contemporaries."

"Since the departure of good old-fashioned entertainers the re-emergence of somebody who wants to be an entertainer has unfortunately become a synonym for camp. I don't think I'm camper than any other person who felt at home on stage, and felt more at home on stage than he did offstage."


David Bowie (David Robert Jones, born 8th January 1947)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]