Friday 19 September 2014

The Bad Girl of West Seattle High



"The nicest thing I can say about Frances Farmer is that she is unbearable." - Director William Wyler, after working with her on the film Come and Get It .



"Frances was a rebel when it wasn't fashionable - a free-thinking woman of the '30s and '40s whose outspoken nature, shocking language and anti-social behaviour landed her in jails and mental institutions." - Rita Rose in The Indianapolis Star



"The more people pointed at me in scorn the more stubborn I got and when they began calling me the Bad Girl of West Seattle High, I tried to live up to it." - Frances Elena Farmer (19th September 1913 – 1st August 1970)

Read my blog about the film adaptation of Miss Farmer's tragic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]