Thursday 8 January 2015

This Dame loves a party


with Liberace and Hermione Gingold


with Tom Jones


with Wayne Sleep and Liza Minnelli


with Cilla Black and Christopher Biggins


with Liz Taylor, Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole

"I aim not to drink too much, party too much or buy too much bling. I have a black belt in spending so I’m going to swap it for a brown one."

"The problem is I'm always shouting. That's the way I keep my voice."

"I'd like to think I represent glamour on stage. To me, that's what this business is all about."

"I do think there's a frustrated stripper in me trying to get out."


Many happy returns, Dame Shirley Veronica Bassey, DBE (born 8th January 1937)

4 comments:

  1. That first picture had me playing a favorite game of mine: Whose Wig Is Wiggier?
    Liberace wins by, naturally, a hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However Miss Gingold's appears to be trying desperately to launch itself off her head in search of food... Jx

      Delete
  2. For a moment, I was having trouble deciding which one was Liberace and which was Hermione in that first snapshot. Same plastic surgeon, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's cosmetic surgery, Hermione should've sued... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]